Siamese Cats and Kittens
Siamese Cat Profile
Originated in Siam (now Thailand) and thought to be descendant from the sacred temple cats of Siam. First imported to the UK in 1884 by the British Consul-General in Bangkok, who received a pair of breeding cats as a gift from the king on his departure.
Originally know as the "Royal Cat of Siam", the pair and their 3 kittens made a huge impression at London's Crystal Palace Show in 1885. A second pair with kittens were imported in 1886 and the UK's love affair with the Siamese had begun.
- Physical Description
Siamese are a medium sized cat with a slim, athletic body and a long triangular face. Blue eyes are slanted and widely spaced, large ears are upright and continue the line of the face, tail is long and tapered to the tip. The pointed or colourpoint coat is very short, fine and glossy.
Siamese are intelligent, affectionate and social cats who enjoy, and often demand, attention. Dislikes being left alone and good in a family situation. They are a very vocal cat with a loud, low-pitch voice which has been compared to a human baby cry.
- Little grooming required
- Health Problems
No particular health issues with the breed.
- Similar Breeds
Oriental Shorthair: Without a pointed or colourpoint coat.
Colourpoint Shorthair: Colourpoint coat in non traditional colours.
Khao Manee: Recent studies have suggested that the Khao Manee, and not the seal point, were the true Royal cats of Siam. [The emperor having given the British consul general a wichean mass [siamese] cat as he couldn't bear to part with a beloved Khao Manee.]
Snowshoe: A new and still rare breed originating from the USA.
Siamese Kittens for Sale in the UK
If your looking to buy a Siamese kitten or cat in the UK, the breeders listed below often have kittens available for sale.
- Lambchop Siamese - Lambchop Siamese are a small breeder just outside the beautiful market town of Lymington Hampshire, on the edge of the New Forest
- North West Siamese Cats - Situated just out side of Wrexham, North Wales, we are proud to breed Traditional, Classic and Old Style Siamese and Orientals. GCCF registered Myprecious, North West Siamese Cats strive to breed healthy, quality kittens that are well adjusted, cuddle ready and full of fun. Brought up in a busy household, the kittens are used to all sorts of comings and goings, and have no problem settling where ever they go. We are a FIV, FeLV tested negative household. I am a Qualified Peddy Mark Microchip Implanter
- Chikuai Siamese & Oriental - Site all about our breeding Siamese & Oriental kittens
- Fabiola Cats - Siamese, Oriental & Burmese cats
- Metexa siamese and orientals - photographic gallery of our cats past & present
- Rimchar Siamese - Breeder of Siamese and oriental kittens. Seal, Blue, Chocolate, Caramel and Lilac Siamese and Black orientals.
- Sensay Siamese - Sensay Siamese is a Lincolnshire, UK based breeder of home-reared, pedigree Siamese cats and Siamese kittens. We are a GCCF registered breeder. Please feel free to contact us for a Siamese Cat Chat.
- Sybella Siamese - Sybella Siamese is a UK based Siamese, Oriental and Bengal cat breeder. Pedigree Siamese, Oriental and Bengal cats and Siamese, Oriental and Bengal kittens are home-reared and ocassionally for sale to loving homes. We are a GCCF registered Siamese, Oriental and Bengal cat breeder, based near Preston, Lancashire, North West England, UK
- Whizkitz Siamese and Orientals - Whizkitz Siamese and Orientals are rewnowned for breeding cats of excellent health, temperament and type in Devon. We occasionally have Siamese and Oriental kittens for sale. We breed the following colours - Seal Point Siamese, Blue Point Siamese, Chocolate Point Siamese, Lilac Point Siamese, & Tabby Point Siamese
Oriental Blacks, Oriental Black Torties, Havanas, Oriental Blues, Oriental Lilacs, Oriental Reds.